Meta4 started up in 1991 with a strong vision to develop a payroll management product. Its founders, who came from a company specializing in developing, maintaining and customizing a payroll product, drew on more than 20 years of experience developing a truly innovative software product, both in terms of development and ability to customize and adapt to the real needs of clients.
Meta4 has not stopped evolving, constantly adapting to new technologies and continually incorporating the latest published legislative changes. Marked by proven experience and high quality, the Meta4 payroll has become a standard and benchmark as to what a payroll product should do today, organizing common payroll components into “payroll items”, “accumulated items” totals, payroll inspector, etc.
What should payroll management do?
Just like with any other software, it must be innovative and state-of-the-art; Meta4 has always been at the vanguard in developing its product, ringing costly and complex processes to the end user.
The second vital factor is developing payroll support capable of satisfying the calculation needs of any kind of client. Right from the start Meta4 has rendered services to companies in any sector and serving any number of employees. The Met4 payroll solution includes a complete payroll calculation engine which can be used to undertake any personnel administration tasks. It is compatible with local legislations and supports different currencies for global multinational companies. The unique architecture of its rule-based components allow country and company specific rules to be applied without resorting to complicated coding.
LThe Meta4 payroll solution offers a powerful, flexible and dynamic way to manage and update payroll processes and rules through several differentiating features:
- Spreadsheet technology: this concept has been incorporated into the engine to facilitate calculations.
- Complete time-related management: data, values, calculation rules, process handling, relationships...
- Retroactivity: enables management of both general and individual retroactive processes under different circumstances:
- Numerical (values)
- Alphanumerical (information on employee history)
- Procedural (calculation rules in payroll items).
- Calculation by slices: payroll calculation can be sliced for a particular item or category which has undergone changes throughout a month.
- Flexible data entry system: for easier location of payroll ítems and editing in an intuitive interface, particularly important in legislations with numerous calculation items.
- Dynamic multi-level value assignment: distributes given values across multiple levels according to employee categories. Payroll item dimensions: a unique calculation concept with different calculation rules to apply under certain conditions.
- A unique programming language for payroll customizations: (LN4: natural language) Online syntax checking and local calculation testing for items that have been customized. Immediate application of customized rules without needing to compile.
- Payroll Execution: with filters for selecting the population over which payroll should run, online view of the payroll calculation, online payroll calculation inspection.
- Payroll Inspector: user tool designed for querying, analyzing and debugging already calculated and processed payrolls, delivering detailed information on what was calculated in the payroll, filters for finding conflicts, or special filters for new hires in the month, employees on maternity leave, etc. The tool is designed to be customizable.
- Capability for simultaneously working with several pays, pay processes are dynamic.
Main Features: Payroll simulation and budgets.
Complete time-related management: data, values, calculation rules, processing, relations.
Enables cost and workforce adjustments to the needs of the business forecast.
Use the current workforce with fictitious what-if changes by increasing job or simulating terminations.
Calculate several what-if scenarios and output comparisons.
Dated information allows the reconstruction of the past or to project future what-if scenarios without affecting the present.
Pervasive dating even in calculation rules for historical management.
Payroll calculation for millions of employees in minimal time.
Automatically detects financial modifications and prepares the payroll for running retroactive calculations on all pays and employees affected.
Possibility for simulating extra pays, IT complements, seniority allowance, different bonuses or awards, etc.
Compare and analyze the results and consequences of different scenarios in the same simulation.